- 1 What is Progesterone?
- 2 Does Progesterone Cause Gynecomastia?
- 3 How to Prevent & Reverse Progesterone Gyno:
- 4 How to Get Rid of Progesterone Gyno?
What is Gynecomastia? Gynecomastia is a benign enlargement of the male breast, resulting in a prominent, typically more “womanly” appearance of breasts. Typically referred to as “man boobs”, they usually look like female breasts, fuller and rounder, instead of pecs. Some say chest exercises or surgery can help, but there are other options, such as Progesterone.
What is Progesterone?
It is an important hormone for women. It is widely known for its role in pregnancy, however, it can also be useful for men. Progesterone makes men, well, manly. Men need progesterone for good health and full sexual function. Doctors suggest it should be the first hormone that men use to treat any problems caused by a deficiency or imbalance of sex hormones. Research suggests that progesterone has a similar effect to testosterone, the most famous male hormone. Like testosterone, progesterone enhances your libido, protects against prostate issues, improves your mood, helps keep weight down, increases muscle mass, provides you with more energy, stronger bones, strong erections, and even more. Sounds pretty amazing, right? It gets better! Progesterone also reduces estrogen and defeats its effects, such as moodiness, bloating, and more! Not only will it improve your mental and physical states, it will also help to eliminate man boobs.
What is Male Progesterone Deficiency?
Progesterone helps to neutralize the powerful effects of excess estrogen in men. Without progesterone, it is very easy for estrogen to go unchecked and feminize men if progesterone is low. This could lead to changes in both mind and body, including the development of man boobs.
Does Progesterone Cause Gynecomastia?
Not in healthy dosages, in fact, Progesterone can work to avoid Gynecomastia. Progesterone, though it is most common in fertile or pregnant women, actually acts as an estrogen-fighter. High progesterone levels can cancel out estrogen’s dominance and combat its effects, such as Gynecomastia, excess fat, hair loss, and prostate problems. Also, progesterone directly stimulates estrogenic activity in mammary tissues. So, there is semi-direct influence of progesterone levels and Gynecomastia. High progesterone increases estrogenic activity and results in Gynecomastia. However, healthy levels actually work to cancel and combat estrogen’s influence.
Progesterone Gyno vs Estrogen Gyno
Estrogen Gyno is caused by an alerted ratio of estrogens to androgens. Estrogen acts as a growth hormone to increase the size of male breast tissue. However, the cause of Gynecomastia is unknown in around 25% of cases. However, it can be damaging in high levels so it is important to maintain a healthy level of progesterone. Over-dosages of Progesterone can create progesterone induced Gynecomastia. Excessive or unhealthy levels of progesterone usually cause progesterone Gynecomastia in the system. Because of this, it is very important to keep an eye on dosage levels.
How to Prevent & Reverse Progesterone Gyno:
Progesterone gyno treatment is multi-faceted and uses diet, lifestyle changes, exercise, and natural progesterone cream to combat the effects of Gynecomastia. There are several ways to prevent and reverse Progesterone Gyno, specifically through diet. Diet is vital in preventing and reversing Gynecomastia. Vitamin b6 increases progesterone and decreases estrogen (yay!). Progesterone gyno reversal is possible, and even preventable.
- Liver, kidney beans, and chick peas are all a great source of b6. Additionally, nuts are as well, including hazelnuts, walnuts, and chestnuts.
- Including zinc in your diet is also wildly helpful. Zinc deficiency is common in those who weight-train or exercise regularly. It is not a bad thing, as long as your levels are safe, to also take Zinc supplements. Zinc inhibits the enzyme aromatase, which prevents the conversion of testosterone into estrogen and is a major factor in losing those man boobs. There are high levels of zinc in sesame seeds and green peas.
- Finally, ingesting Omega 3 fatty acids, like flaxseed oil, can also play a crucial part in your battle against man boobs.
Using Natural Progesterone Creams to Combat Gynecomastia:
- They are perfectly safe and have no known side effects when used at a low and safe dose. It is readily absorbed by the skin and into the blood stream, so transdermal creams are more practical and effective than when absorbed orally. Natural progesterone cream for Gynecomastia is an amazingly beneficial way to combat Gynecomastia.
- Progesterone cream can combat male breast enlargement
- Creams are available over the counter at your local drug store, or you can order it online. There are many creams available through Amazon like:
- Emerita Pro-Gest Cream
- ProgestaCare Superior
- Life-Flo Progesta-Care with Natural Progesterone Body Cream.
- A particularly beneficial progesterone cream is Natpro Progesterone Cream, which has a concentration of 3.33% progesterone.
- It is fundamental that you opt for the natural variety of Progesterone creams. Pharmaceutical companies produced progesterone creams leave you at risk to develop undesirable side-effects. The cream should contain “USP progesterone” and about 450mg of progesterone per ounce.
- As advised by medical professionals, you should aim to use no more than 8-10mg per day, which amounts to about one teaspoon, once per day. The cream should be rubbed on the chest, inner arms, inner thighs, and abdomen for the best results.
- A study published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (June 1999, pages 15041511) states that “In order to obtain the proper (effective) serum levels with use of a progesterone cream, the cream needs to have an adequate amount of progesterone in it [at least 30 milligrams per gram]. Many over the counter creams have little [for example, 5 milligrams per ounce] or none at all.
- You should use it for as long as your progesterone levels are low, see a doctor so they can keep an eye on your levels. If you don’t do a saliva test or visit your doctor, do a trial period and see how it works for you. Some people gain positive results in a few days, some a few weeks, and some up to two months. If it isn’t help after three months, stop using it and focus on other ways to combat your Gynecomastia. But, you shouldn’t use it frequently, or, at least, as frequently after the three-month trial period. You don’t want to have to rely on hormone modification to maintain a tight chest; you should also be making some lifestyle changes.
How to Get Rid of Progesterone Gyno?
You may ask yourself “how to get rid of progesterone gyno”, a lot. First, and always, see a doctor and make sure there are no direct links to serious medical conditions. If there aren’t any direct medical causes, it is highly likely that your man boobs are simply caused by an over-exposure to environmental estrogens and low progesterone levels. Working out, especially chest-strengthening work-outs can also have a positive effect. In addition, diet and natural progesterone creams are also a great way to combat Gynecomastia.
Progesterone can be awesome, as highlighted above. It has worked for many, many men…however; it doesn’t work for all men. The only way to find out, truly, is to give it a try. Keep in mind the progesterone is not a replacement for a healthy diet, lifestyle, and regimented exercise regime. If you have man boobs you must follow system that cover all of the bases, not just hormonally.